About PMR LAB
Porous Media Research Lab is a state of the art facility for conducting cutting-edge research on flow and transport in heterogeneous porous media, such as rocks, fracture networks, soils, and sediments. Our main goal is pursuing unconventional methods to integrate multidisciplinary research and education at the interface between hydrogeology and statistical physics. Theoretical approaches in combination with numerical techniques are applied to:
- advance our practical knowledge of fluid flow and contaminant transport in porous media.
- provide solid theoretical foundations for the interpretation of transport phenomena.
- cultivate hydrogeologists with strong and diverse skillsets.
- broaden the scope of students with multidisciplinary research capabilities in the field of hydrogeology.
- train geoscientists from underrepresented minority groups including female, Native American, Hispanic and African-American students.
Diversity and Interdisciplinary research
PMR Lab values diversity and interdisciplinary research in pushing hydrogeology field forward and accelerating scientific discovery in the porous media community. Integrating research and education through an interdisciplinary venue provides a workforce to train students that can innovatively undertake multidisciplinary challenges and practically solve real-world problems .